Consumer Communications Networks and Connectivity (CCN)
Mission and Objective
The mission and objective of the IEEE CTSoc Consumer Communications Networks and Connectivity Committee (CCN TC) is to implement the Field of Interest of the IEEE CTSoc and to assist, support, endorse, corroborate and strengthen IEEE CTSoc conferences, publications, standards, education, future directions, new initiatives, emerging technologies, technical sessions, workshops, and research, and other information exchanges in the area of on consumer devices connectivity, architectures, applications, systems, terminals, communications networks, and technologies.
CCN TC is a cluster of engineers, practitioners, technologists, scientist, researchers from Industry and Academia from around the world.
The Committee also assumes the proactive duty to recommend suitable candidates from CCN TC members to serve as:
- Chairs and or Members of Technical Program Committees (TPC) of CTSoc Conferences (ICCE-Las Vegas, ICCE-Berlin, ICCE-Taiwan, ICCE-Asia, GCCE-Japan, ISCT, and GEM).
- EiCs, Associates Editors and Editors to CTSoc Publications (IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, IEEE ACCESS Section for Consumer Technology Society (Open Access), IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine, News on Consumer Technology-NCT, CTSoc World Newsletter).
- Distinguished Lecturers and tutorials for CTSoc Education.
- Members of CTSoc Standards Committees and Working Groups.
Chair: Wahab Almuhtadi, Algonquin College, Canada
Vice Chair: Cheng-Hung (Dixson) Lin, Yuan Ze University, Taiwan
Secretary: Jennifer Pounjeba, TU Ilmenau, Germany
Conferences Liaison: Yibeltal Chanie Manie, National Taipei University of Technology, Taiwan
Publications Liaison: Chih-Feng Wu, Chang Gung University, Taiwan
Education Liaison: TBA
Standards Liaison: TBA
Future Direction Liaison: TBA
Industry Liaison: TBA
Academia Liaison: Kapal Dev, Munster Technological University, Ireland
IEEE Societies/Councils Liaison: Kapal Dev, Munster Technological University, Ireland
Technical Sister Societies Liaison: TBA
Student Competition Program: TBA
The members of the CCN TC are engineers, practitioners, technologists, scientist, researchers from Industry and Academia from around the world who have the same interest and working together on the development, research, and innovation of technical areas of wireless, RF, optical, digital and space networks technologies for consumer devices connectivity. The current members of the CCN TC are listed here.
Membership Application Form
To be a member of the IEEE CTSoc Consumer Communications Networks and Connectivity Technical Committee (CCN TC), please fill the Membership Application Form.
Policies and Procedures (P&Ps)
Policies and Procedures approved by the BoG for all areas of CTSoc, including Technical Activities and TCs are available here.
Meeting Dates & Minutes
The meeting dates & minutes of CCN TC (formerly WNT TC) can be found below.
- 1st 2021 meeting of WNT TC Members: March 18, 2021, 08:00 am EST
- 2nd 2021 meeting of WNT TC Members: April 23, 2021, 7:00 am EST
- 1st 2022 meeting of WNT TC Members: June 27, 2022, 9:00 am EST
- 2nd 2022 meeting of CNC TC Members: November 2, 2022, 8:00 am EST