Quantum in Consumer Technology (QCT)
Mission and Objective
The mission and objective of the IEEE CTSoc Quantum in Consumer Technology Technical Committee (QCT TC) is to implement the Field of Interest of the IEEE CTSoc and to assist, support, endorse, corroborate and strengthen IEEE CTSoc conferences, publications, standards, education, future directions, new initiatives, emerging technologies, technical sessions, workshops, and research, and other information exchanges in the area of Quantum computing and related technology solutions.
QCT TC is a cluster of engineers, practitioners, technologists, scientists, and researchers from Industry and Academia from around the world.
The committee also assumes the proactive duty to recommend suitable candidates from the QCT TC members to serve as:
- Chairs and or Members of Technical Program Committees (TPC) of CTSoc Conferences (ICCE-Las Vegas, ICCE-Berlin, ICCE-Taiwan, ICCE-Asia, GCCE- Japan, ISCT, and GEM).
- EiCs, Associates Editors and Editors to CTSoc Publications (IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, IEEE ACCESS Section for Consumer Technology Society (Open Access), IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine, News on Consumer Technology-NCT, CTSoc World Newsletter.
- Distinguished Lecturers and tutorials for CTSoc Education.
- Members of CTSoc Standards Committees and Working Groups.
The committee is also organizing a workshop at IEEE Quantum Week. Information about this year's event is available at this page.
Chair: Rafael Sotelo, Quantum-South & University of Montevideo, Uruguay
Vice Chair: Yuichi Nakamura, NEC Corporation, Japan
Secretary: Ahmed Farouk, South Valley University, Hurghada, Egypt
Conferences Liaison: TBA
Publications Liaison: TBA
Education Liaison: TBA
Standards Liaison: TBA
Future Direction Liaison: TBA
Industry Liaison: TBA
Academia Liaison: TBA
IEEE Societies/Councils Liaison: TBA
Technical Sister Societies Liaison: TBA
Student Competition Program: TBA
The members of the QCT TC are engineers, practitioners, technologists, scientist, researchers from Industry and Academia from around the world who have the same interest and working together on the development, research, and innovation of technical areas of Quantum computing and related technology. The current members of the QCT TC will be listed here.
Membership Application Form
To be a member of the IEEE CTSoc Quantum in Consumer Technology Technical Committee (QCT TC), please fill the Membership Application Form.
Policies and Procedures (P&Ps)
The P&Ps approved by the BoG are available at this link. They cover aspects concerning the Technical Activities area and all the TCs.
Meeting Dates & Minutes
The meeting dates & minutes of QCT TC are posted below:
- 1st 2022 meeting of QCT TC Members: March 18, 2022
- 1st 2023 meeting of QCT TC Members: February 28, 2023