Application-Specific CE for Smart Cities (SMC)
Mission and Objective
The mission and objective of the IEEE CTSoc Application-Specific CE for Smart Cities (SMC) Technical Committee (SMC TC) is to implement the Field of Interest of the IEEE CTSoc and to assist, support, endorse, corroborate and strengthen IEEE CTSoc conferences, publications, standards, education, future directions, new initiatives, emerging technologies, technical sessions, workshops, and research, and other information exchanges in the area of application-specific consumer electronics for smart cities.
SMC TC is a cluster of engineers, practitioners, technologists, scientists, researchers from Industry and Academia from around the world.
The committee also assumes the proactive duty to recommend suitable candidates from SMC TC members to serve as:
- Chairs and or Members of Technical Program Committees (TPC) of CTSoc Conferences (ICCE-Las Vegas, ICCE-Berlin, ICCE-Taiwan, ICCE-Asia, GCCE-Japan, ISCT, and GEM).
- EiCs, Associates Editors and Editors to CTSoc Publications (IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, IEEE ACCESS Section for Consumer Technology Society (Open Access), IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine, News on Consumer Technology-NCT, CTSoc World Newsletter).
- Distinguished Lecturers and tutorials for CTSoc Education.
- Members of CTSoc Standards Committees and Working Groups.
Chair: Himanshu Thapliyal, University of Kentucky, USA
Vice Chair: Marija Antic, University of Novi Sad, Serbia
Secretary: Abhishek Sharma, The LNM Institute of Information Technology, India
Conferences Liaison: TBA
Publications: Liaison: TBA
Education Liaison: TBA
Standards Liaison: TBA
Future Direction Liaison: TBA
Industry Liaison: TBA
Academia Liaison: TBA
IEEE Societies/Councils Liaison: TBA
Technical Sister Societies Liaison: TBA
Student Competition Program: TBA
The members of the SMC TC are engineers, practitioners, technologists, scientists, researchers from Industry and Academia from around the world who have the same interest and are working together on the development, research, and innovation of technical areas of wireless and network technologies for consumer devices connectivity. The current members of the SMC TC are listed here.
Membership Application Form
To be a member of the IEEE CTSoc Application-Specific CE for Smart Cities Technical Committee (SMC TC), please fill the Membership Application Form.
Policies and Procedures (P&Ps)
Once approved, the P&Ps will be be published here.
Meeting Dates & Minutes
The meeting dates & minutes of SMC TC can be found below.
- 1st meeting of SMC TC Members: April 15, 2021, 8:00 am EST