Human-Machine Interaction and User Experience (HMI)
Mission and Objective
The mission and objective of the IEEE CTSoc Consumer Systems for the Human-Machine Interaction and User Experience Technical Committee (HMI TC) is to implement the Field of Interest of the IEEE CTSoc and to assist, support, endorse, corroborate and strengthen IEEE CTSoc conferences, publications, standards, education, future directions, new initiatives, emerging technologies, technical sessions, workshops, and research, and other information exchanges in the area of Consumer Systems for Human-Machine Interaction and User Experience, and relevant technology solutions.
HMI TC is a cluster of engineers, practitioners, technologists, scientists, and researchers from Industry and Academia from around the world.
The committee also assumes the proactive duty to recommend suitable candidates from the HMI TC members to serve as:
- Chairs and or Members of Technical Program Committees (TPC) of CTSoc Conferences (ICCE-Las Vegas, ICCE-Berlin, ICCE-Taiwan, ICCE-Asia, GCCE- Japan, ISCT, and GEM).
- EiCs, Associates Editors and Editors to CTSoc Publications (IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, IEEE ACCESS Section for Consumer Technology Society (Open Access), IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine, News on Consumer Technology-NCT, CTSoc World Newsletter).
- Distinguished Lecturers and tutorials for CTSoc Education.
- Members of CTSoc Standards Committees and Working Groups.
Chair: Kingkarn Sookhanaphibarn, Bangkok University, Thailand
Vice Chair: Bill Kapralos, Ontario Tech University, Canada
Secretary: Davide Calandra, Politecnico di Torino, Italy
Conferences Liaison: TBA
Publications Liaison: TBA
Education Liaison: TBA
Standards Liaison: TBA
Future Direction Liaison: TBA
Industry Liaison: TBA
Academia Liaison: TBA
IEEE Societies/Councils Liaison: TBA
Technical Sister Societies Liaison: TBA
Student Competition Program: TBA
The members of the HMI TC are engineers, practitioners, technologists, scientist, researchers from Industry and Academia from around the world who have the same interest and working together on the development, research, and innovation of technical areas of wireless and network technologies for consumer devices connectivity. The current members of the HMI TC are listed here.
Membership Application Form
To be a member of the IEEE CTSoc Internet of Things Technical Committee (HMI TC), please fill the Membership Application Form.
Policies and Procedures (P&Ps)
Once approved, the P&Ps will be be published here.
Meeting Dates & Minutes
The meeting dates & minutes of HMI TC can be found below.
- 1st 2021 meeting of HMI TC Members: May 3, 2021, 11:00 UTC
- 2nd 2021 meeting of HMI TC Members: September 25, 2021, 11:00am UTC
- 1st 2022 meeting of HMI TC Members: July 5, 2022 11:00am - 12:30am UTC
- 2nd 2022 meeting of HMI TC Members: November 10, 2022 11:00am - 11:45am UTC