IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine
EEE Consumer Electronics Magazine
A. Link to the Current Version
Following is the current version of IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine (MCE):
B. Mission Statement
To educate, inform, and entertain our community of IEEE Consumer Technology Society (CTSoc) members on technology, events, industry news, and general topics relating to consumer electronics and to further serve and support our Members in professional career development through tutorials and raising awareness of engineering tools and technologies.
We are proud to announce that the IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine (MCE), January Vol. 2, No. 1, won an Apex Grand Award for excellence in writing.The CE Magazine has been named the winner in the Regional 2016 STC Technical Communication Awards - Award of Excellence! The STC Technical Communication Awards is one of the most coveted award in technical communications. The CE magazine is indexed in Clarivate Analytics (formerly IP Science of Thomson Reuters).The current impact factor of CE magazine is 4.016.
C. Call for Papers
The IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine (MCE) is the award-winning flagship magazine of the IEEE Consumer Technology Society (CTSoc) IEEE (http://cesoc.ieee.org/publications/ce-magazine.html). The magazine is published on a bimonthly basis and features a range of topical content on state-of-art consumer electronics systems, services and devices and associated technologies. Following is the persistent link of IEEE-MCE at the IEEEXplore:
The Magazine features regular sections devoted to standards, patents & IP matters, security & digital content, device tear-downs and reviews of books and engineering software & design tools. If you are interested in contributing please contact the Editor-in-Chief (EiC) at email@example.com for feedback and to discuss the suitability of your ideas for an article.
ScholarOne Manuscripts URL for the submission of the manuscripts to IEEE-MCE is the following: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/cemag.
Aims and Scope:
The scope of the consumer electronics magazine covers the following areas that are related to “consumer electronics” and other topics considered of interest to consumer electronics: Video technology, Audio technology, White goods, Home care products, Mobile communications, Gaming, Air care products, Home medical devices, Fitness devices, Home automation & networking devices, Consumer solar technology, Home theater, Digital imaging, In-vehicle technology, Wireless technology, Cable & satellite technology, Home security, Domestic lighting, Human interface, Artificial intelligence, Home computing, Video Technology, Consumer storage technology. Studies or opinion pieces on the societal impacts of consumer electronics are also welcome.
Articles should be broadly scoped – typically review and tutorial articles are suited to the Magazine. Technical articles may be suitable but these should be of general interest to an engineering audience and of broader scope than archival technical papers. Authors need to target a broad engineering audience - specialized technical papers are generally too narrow in scope for IEEE magazine and should be submitted to the IEEE Transactions. Articles related to the background story behind engineering standards or practical experiences in product specification and design of mainstream consumer systems/devices are particularly welcome. Tutorials on CE related technologies or techniques are also strongly encouraged. Blogs or similar personal content from a Website can be adapted into an article as long as the author owns the original copyright, or the content is covered by a Creative Commons license, or equivalent. Please discuss with the Editor in advance of submitting an article. Some example topics of interest include the following, but not limited to the following: (1) Audio/Video Systems and Technologies, (2) Augmented Reality and Immersive TV, (3) Automotive Electronics, (4) CE and Cloud Computing, (5) CE in Smart Cities, (6) Communications, Networking, &Wireless Sensor Networks for CE, (7) Consumer Information and Communications Technology (ICT), (8) Digital Broadcasting and HDTV, (9) Digital Imaging and Display Technologies, (10) Gaming Devices & Systems, (11) Haptics and Multitouch, (12) Hardware Components, Architectures, and Systems for CE, (13) Home Healthcare Technologies & Services, (14) Home Networks, Robotics & Control Systems, (15) Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) and User Interface, (16) Internet of Things (IoT), (17) Mobile Devices, (18) Video Processing and Codecs, (19) Security, Privacy, Content Protection, and Digital Rights Management, (20) Signal Processing & Analysis for CE, (21) Smart Grid and CE, (22) Smart Imaging and Cameras, (23) Social and Economic Impacts of CE, (24) Storage and Digital Media.
Submissions should follow IEEE standard template and should consist of the followings: (i) A manuscript of maximum 6-page length: A pdf of the complete manuscript layout with figures, tables placed within the text, and (ii) Source files: Text should be provided separately from photos and graphics and may be in Word or LaTeX format. High resolution original photos and graphics (300 dpi) are required for the final submission. Images embedded in Word or Excel documents are not suitable; however, figures and graphics may be provided in a PowerPoint slide deck, with one figure/graphic per slide.
The authors must own the copyright on any images, photographs or graphics or have obtained explicit permission for use of all such material when a third party owns the copyright. Alternatively, copy left images and materials may be used once the relevant license terms are complied with, including citations to the original source/author. It is the responsibility of the author(s) to demonstrate such compliance and document the corresponding license agreements (a URL is sufficient) in notes accompanying the submitted article. The authors should include a PDF file with a suggested layout of the article. Figure captions must be provided and ideally figures/graphics should be cited in the text of the article.
An IEEE copyright form will be required. The manuscripts need to be submitted online using the following URL: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/cemag. This ScholarOne site will automate the generation of a single submission document if the authors have the correct files prepared in advance.
Articles exceeding 6 pages during author proof will be charged at US$ 250 per page for extra pages beyond first allowed 6 pages. Similarly, the first allowed pages for column articles is 3 pages, and for news items 2 pages.
D. Editorial Board
1) Saraju P. Mohanty, University of North Texas, Editor in Chief (EiC)
2) Peter Corcoran, National University of Ireland Galway, Emeritus EiC
3) Katina Michael, Arizona State University
4) Stephen Dukes, Dreamerse Inc.
5) Tom Wilson, Concured Ltd.
6) Bob Frankston, Frankston.com
7) Himanshu Thapliyal, University of Kentucky
8) Stu Lipoff, IP Action Partners LLC
9) Tom Coughlin, Coughlin Associates
10) Fabrizio Lamberti, Politecnico di Torino
11) Helen (Hai) Li, Duke University
12) TheocharisTheocharides, University of Cyprus
13) Arslan Munir, Kansas State University
14) Soumya Kanti Datta, EURECOM Research Center
15) Joseph Wei, SJW Consulting Inc.
16) Animesh Kumar, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
17) Xavier Fernando, Ryerson University
18) Niranjan Ray, KIIT University, Bhubaneswar
19) Fatemeh Tehranipoor, San Francisco State University
20) Sudeep Pasricha, Colorado State University
21) Shanq-Jang Ruan, National Taiwan University of Science & Technology
22) Yu Yuan, Motiveware Technology Corporation Limited
23) Vincent Wang, XPERI Corp, DTS Inc.
25) Bernard Fong, Auckland University of Technology
26) Muhammad K. Khan, King Saud University
27) Deepak Puthal, Newcastle University
28) Hyoungshick Kim, Sungkyunkwan University
29) Jong-Hyouk Lee, Sejong University
30) Susanne Wende, Noerr LLP
31) Baek-Young Choi, University of Missouri - Kansas City
32) Hitten Zaveri, Yale University
33) Lia Morra, Politecnico di Torino
34) Santanu Mishra, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
35) Amit K. Mishra, University of Cape Town
36) Shingo Yamaguchi, Yamaguchi University
37) Haruhiko Okumura, Toshiba Corporation
38) Pallab Chatterjee, Media & Entertainment Technologies
39) Petronel Bigioi, Xperi Corporation
40) Dhruva Ghai, Oriental University
41) Mike Borowczak, University of Wyoming
42) Konstantin Glasman, Saint Petersburg State University of Film and Television
E. IEEE Author Center Common Pages
- Home page: http://ieeeauthorcenter.ieee.org
- Article templates: http://ieeeauthorcenter.ieee.org/create-your-ieee-article/use-authoring-tools-and-ieee-article-templates/ieee-article-templates/
- Article tools (Publication Recommender, Graphics Analyzer, Reference Preparation Assistant, and PDF Checker): http://ieeeauthorcenter.ieee.org/create-your-ieee-article/use-authoring-tools-and-ieee-article-templates/about-ieee-author-tools/
- Publishing author names in native languages: http://ieeeauthorcenter.ieee.org/create-your-ieee-article/create-the-text-of-your-article/publishing-author-names-in-native-languages/
- IEEE Editorial Style Manual: http://ieeeauthorcenter.ieee.org/create-your-ieee-article/create-the-text-of-your-article/ieee-editorial-style-manual-2017/
- Publishing ethics: http://ieeeauthorcenter.ieee.org/publish-with-ieee/publishing-ethics/
- Peer review at IEEE: http://ieeeauthorcenter.ieee.org/publish-with-ieee/peer-review-ieee/
- ORCID: http://ieeeauthorcenter.ieee.org/create-your-ieee-article/use-authoring-tools-and-ieee-article-templates/about-orcid/
- Author education events: http://ieeeauthorcenter.ieee.org/publish-with-ieee/author-education-resources/ieee-author-education-events/
- Author education videos: http://ieeeauthorcenter.ieee.org/publish-with-ieee/author-education-resources/video-tutorials-for-authors/
- Publishing agreements (IEEE Copyright Form, OAPA, CC BY): http://ieeeauthorcenter.ieee.org/choose-a-publishing-agreement/
Please contact Tiffany McKerahan at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.