Internet of Things, Internet of Everywhere and Edge Computing (IOT)
Mission and Objective
The mission and objective of the IEEE CTSoc Internet of Things (IoT) Technical Committee (TC) is to implement the scope and underlying interest of the IEEE CTSoc. The committee aims to support and reinforce the goals of IEEE CTSoc conferences, publications, standards, education, future directions, emerging technologies and research. IoT TC is a cluster of engineers, practitioners, technologists, scientist, researchers from Industry and Academia from around the world.
The committee also assumes the proactive duty to recommend suitable candidates from IoT TC members to serve as:
- Chairs and or Members of Technical Program Committees (TPC) of CTSoc Conferences (ICCE-Las Vegas, ICCE-Berlin, ICCE-Taiwan, ICCE-Asia, GCCE- Japan, ISCT, and GEM).
- EiCs, Associates Editors and Editors to CTSoc Publications (IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, IEEE ACCESS Section for Consumer Technology Society (Open Access), IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine, News on Consumer Technology-NCT, CTSoc World Newsletter).
- Distinguished Lecturers and tutorials for CTSoc Education.
- Members of CTSoc Standards Committees and Working Groups.
Chair: Liang-Bi Chen, National Penghu University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
Vice Chair: Thinagaran Perumal, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia
Secretary: Aaron R. See, Southern Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
Conferences Liaison: TBA
Publications: Liaison: TBA
Education Liaison: TBA
Standards Liaison: TBA
Future Direction Liaison: TBA
Industry Liaison: TBA
Academia Liaison: TBA
IEEE Societies/Councils Liaison: TBA
Technical Sister Societies Liaison: TBA
Student Competition Program: TBA
The members of the IoT TC are engineers, practitioners, technologists, scientist, researchers from Industry and Academia from around the world who have the same interest and working together on the development, research, and innovation of technical areas of wireless and network technologies for consumer devices connectivity. The current members of the IoT TC are listed here.
Membership Application Form
To be a member of the IEEE CTSoc Internet of Things Technical Committee (IoT TC), please fill the Membership Application Form.
Policies and Procedures (P&Ps)
The P&Ps approved by the BoG are available at this link. They cover aspects concerning the Technical Activities area and all the TCs.
Meeting Dates & Minutes
The meeting dates & minutes of IoT TC can be found below:
- 1st 2022 meeting of IOT TC Members: April 27, 2022, 7:30 P.M. – 8:30 P.M. (Taipei, Taiwan time)
- 2nd 2022 meeting of IOT TC Members: November 30, 2022, 8:00 P.M. – 9:00 P.M. (GMT+8)