Security and Privacy of CE Hardware and Software Systems (SPC)
Mission and Objective
The mission and objective of the IEEE CTSoc Security and Privacy of CE Hardware and Software Systems (SPC) Technical Committee (TC) is to implement the scope and underlying interest of the IEEE CTSoc. The committee aims to support and reinforce the goals of IEEE CTSoc conferences, publications, standards, education, future directions, emerging technologies and research. The technical scope of SPC TC is security, privacy of consumer electronics/technology hardware and software systems that includes securing the underlying processors of CE systems, security data information, security software from all possible external threats and attacks. SPC TC is a constellation of highly qualified and eminent scientists, professors, engineers, practitioners, researchers from all sectors including Industry and Academia globally.
The TC-SPC also focusses on the following core issues.
Thinking beyond the perimeter security of isolated devices to a world in which functionality is defined by software and services in an interconnected world. The very perimeters of classic security work at cross-purposes with added functionality while increasing the exposure when there is a compromise. We need to think in terms of trust relationship. You can have your privacy compromised without any personal data other than your address or your neighbors viewing habits. We need to be wary of hierarchical security models, as with 5G, that require the trust of a central authority. The committee intends to address these issues in an inherently ambiguous world and delivery functionality.
The committee shoulders the responsibility to recommend suitable candidates from SPC TC members to serve as:
- Leadership positions in Conferences: such as Chairs and TPC of CTSoc Conferences (ICCE-Las Vegas, ICCE-Berlin, ICCE-Taiwan, ICCE-Asia, GCCE-Japan, ISCT, and GEM).
- Leadership positions in Journals: EiCs, Associates Editors and Editors to CTSoc Publications (IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, IEEE ACCESS Section for Consumer Technology Society (Open Access), IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine, News on Consumer Technology-NCT, CTSoc World Newsletter).
- Leadership positions in educational activities: Distinguished Lecturers of CTSoc.
Chair: Alireza Jolfaei, Flinders University, Australia
Vice Chair: Chia-Mu Yu, National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
Secretary: Mohd Anuaruddin Bin Ahmadon, Yamaguchi University, Japan
Conferences Liaison: TBA
Publications: Liaison: TBA
Education Liaison: TBA
Standards Liaison: TBA
Future Direction Liaison: TBA
Industry Liaison: TBA
Academia Liaison: TBA
IEEE Societies/Councils Liaison: TBA
Technical Sister Societies Liaison: TBA
Student Competition Program: TBA
SPC TC is a constellation of highly qualified and eminent scientists, professors, engineers, practitioners, researchers from all sectors including Industry and Academia globally. The current members of the SPC TC are listed here.
Membership Application Form
To be a member of the IEEE CTSoc Security and Privacy of CE Hardware and Software Systems (SPC TC), please fill the Membership Application Form.
Policies and Procedures (P&Ps)
The P&Ps approved by the BoG are available at this link. They cover aspects concerning the Technical Activities area and all the TCs.
Meeting Dates & Minutes
The meeting dates & minutes of SPC TC can be found below.
- 1st 2021 meeting of SPC TC Officers: March 6, 2021
- 1st 2021 meeting of SPC TC Members: April 24, 2021
- 2nd 2021 meeting of SPC TC Members: September 29th, 2021
- 1st 2022 meeting of SPC TC Members: June 21, 2022
- 1st 2023 meeting of SPC TC Members: March 3, 2023
- 2nd 2023 meeting of SPC TC Members: April 15, 2023