Automotive CE Applications (CEA)
Mission and Objective
Automotive, a discipline once considered exclusive to a very closed industry circle, ushered quietly into the consumer area with novel business models and novel consumer technology applications. The mission of the Automotive CE Applications Technical Commitee (CEA TC) is to implement the Field of Interest of the IEEE CTSoc, with the objectives to assist, support, endorse, corroborate and strengthen IEEE CTSoc conferences, publications, standards, education, future directions, new initiatives, emerging technologies, technical sessions, workshops, and research, and other information exchanges in the area of Automotive CE Applications. The focus of interest of the CEA TC "sees" automotive in a very broad term, so other transportations options get captured, such as for example drones.
Members of the CEA TC come from different backgrounds – research, academia, and industry – with a common ground, interest, professional or personal, curiosity and passion, in automotive consumer applications.
The CEA TC also has the proactive duty to recommend suitable candidates to serve as:
- Chairs and/or Members of Technical Program Committees (TPC) of CTSoc Conferences (ICCE-Las Vegas, ICCE-Berlin, ICCE-Taiwan, ICCE-Asia, GCCE- Japan, ISCT, and GEM).
- Editors in Cheafs, Associates Editors and Editors to CTSoc Publications (IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, IEEE ACCESS Section for Consumer Technology Society (Open Access), IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine, News on Consumer Technology-NCT, CTSoc World Newsletter).
- Distinguished Lecturers and tutorials for CTSoc Education.
- Members of CTSoc Standards Committees and Working Groups.
Chair: Gordana Velikic, BioCell Holding, Serbia
Vice Chair: Jong-Hyouk Lee, Sejong University, Republic of Korea
Secretary: Dongmahn Seo, Daegu Catholic University, Republic of Korea
Conferences Liaison: TBA
Publications: Liaison: TBA
Education Liaison: Ivan Kastelan
Standards Liaison: TBA
Future Direction Liaison: TBA
Industry Liaison: Dragan Samardzija
Academia Liaison: TBA
IEEE Societies/Councils Liaison: TBA
Technical Sister Societies Liaison: TBA
Student Competition Program: TBA
The members of the CEA CT are engineers, practitioners, technologists, scientists, researchers from Industry and Academia from around the world who have the same interest and working together on the development, research, and innovation of technical areas of consumer systems for vehicles. The current members of the CEA TC are listed here.
Membership Application Form
You would like to join our committee and wonder how? Easy. To be a member of the IEEE CTSoc Automotive CE Applications Technical Committee (CEA TC), please fill the Membership Application Form.
Policies and Procedures (P&Ps)
Once approved, the P&Ps will be be published here.
Meeting Dates & Minutes
The meeting dates & minutes of CEA TC can be found below.
- 1st 2021 meeting of CEA TC Members: March 18, 2021
- 2nd 2021 meeting of CEA TC Members: December 21, 2021
- 1st 2022 meeting of CEA TC Members: July 1st 2022, 2pm Berlin time