Wireless and Network Technologies (WNT)
Mission and Objective
The mission and objective of the IEEE CTSoc Wireless and Network Technologies Technical Committee (WNT TC) is to implement the Field of Interest of the IEEE CTSoc and to assist, support, endorse, corroborate and strengthen IEEE CTSoc conferences, publications, standards, education, future directions, new initiatives, emerging technologies, technical sessions, workshops, and research, and other information exchanges in the area of on consumer devices connectivity, architectures, applications, systems, terminals and technologies.
WNT TC is a cluster of engineers, practitioners, technologists, scientist, researchers from Industry and Academia from around the world.
The committee also assumes the proactive duty to recommend suitable candidates from WNT TC members to serve as:
- Chairs and or Members of Technical Program Committees (TPC) of CTSoc Conferences (ICCE-Las Vegas, ICCE-Berlin, ICCE-Taiwan, ICCE-Asia, GCCE-Japan, ISCT, and GEM).
- EiCs, Associates Editors and Editors to CTSoc Publications (IEEE Transactions on Consumer Electronics, IEEE ACCESS Section for Consumer Technology Society (Open Access), IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine, News on Consumer Technology-NCT, CTSoc World Newsletter).
- Distinguished Lecturers and tutorials for CTSoc Education.
- Members of CTSoc Standards Committees and Working Groups.
Chair: Wahab Almuhtadi, Algonquin College, Canada
Vice Chair: Cheng-Hung (Dixson) Lin, Yuan Ze University, Taiwan
Secretary: Jennifer Pounjeba, Everday Technologies, Taiwan
Conferences Liaison: Yibeltal Chanie Manie, National Taipei University of Technology, Taiwan
Publications Liaison: Chih-Feng Wu, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan City, Taiwan
Education Liaison: TBA
Standards Liaison: TBA
Future Direction Liaison: TBA
Industry Liaison: TBA
Academia Liaison: TBA
IEEE Societies/Councils Liaison: TBA
Technical Sister Societies Liaison: TBA
Student Competition Program: TBA
The members of the WNT CT are engineers, practitioners, technologists, scientist, researchers from Industry and Academia from around the world who have the same interest and working together on the development, research, and innovation of technical areas of wireless and network technologies for consumer devices connectivity. The current members of the WNT TC are listed here.
Membership Application Form
To be a member of the IEEE CTSoc Wireless and Network Technologies Technical Committee (WNT TC), please fill the Membership Application Form.
Policies and Procedures (P&Ps)
Once approved, the P&Ps will be be published here.
Meeting Dates & Minutes
The meeting dates & minutes of WNT TC can be found below.
- 1st meeting of WNT TC Members: March 18, 2021, 08:00 am EST
- 2nd meeting of WNT TC Members: April 23, 2021, 7:00 am EST